FILE A COMPLAINT
NISBA accepts complaints that meet the following criteria:
- The complaint must be a NISBA approved business or individual.
- The complaint includes the complainant’s name, a postal address, phone number and an email address.
- The complaint includes the business’s name and provides sufficient information to determine the business’s location (including receipt of purchase)
- The complaint seeks assistance from NISBA to efficiently and effectively mediate a situation.
- The complaint is from a person (or a person’s authorized representative) or entity (business-to-business) that had a marketplace “relationship” with a proven receipt of purchase.
- The complaint relates to a marketplace issue. Typically, the issue complained of must have arisen within the previous 12 months
- The complaint must allege a deficiency in the company’s marketplace performance with regard to the services or products at the business provided or allegedly agreed to provide
- The complaint is not in litigation and/or has not been resolved by a previous court action, arbitration, or settlement between the parties
What complaints do we handle?
Disputes that relate to issues experienced with the services or products a business provides.
NISBA does not handle:
- Employee/employer disputes;
- Discrimination claims;
- Matters that are/have been litigated/arbitrated;
- Complaints against individuals not engaged in business;
- Complaints against individuals or businesses without a receipt of purchase.
- Issues challenging the validity of local, state, or federal law;
- Complaints against government agencies, including the postal service;
- Matters not related to marketplace issues.
- Complaints of non-NISBA affiliated businesses or individuals.
FILE A COMPLAINT